Sorry for lying to you yesterday.
I promised you my donuts recipe from Sunday and it just didn't happen.
But! Here you go.
Donuts for your Wednesday!!
I woke up this past Sunday morning wanting to bake.
(Does anyone else get an urge to bake like me?)
But, I didn't feel like leaving the house to pick up ingredients.
I took a look around our pantry
and then a look around on my pinterest,
and it was quickly decided;
donuts it would be.
These were so easy and filled the apartment with the most amazing smell.
They stayed fresh too for a few days in a Ziploc bag.
And how cute would these be wrapped in cellophane for a holiday gift?
Adorbs.
Baked Apple Donuts
Recipe slightly adapted from Chocolate Shavings
Makes 24 donut "holes"
Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 C. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 C. light brown sugar
- 1/4 C. white sugar
- 1 3/4 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 t. pumpkin pie spice (I like touch of ginger flavor here, you could just use nutmeg or cinnamon).
- 1 medium sized apple, peeled, cored, and finely diced
- 1 egg
- 1/4 C. milk (I used skim)
- 1/3 C. cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
Coating:
- 1/4 C. butter, melted
- 1/3 C. white sugar
- 1 t. cinnamon
Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugars, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add the diced butter and, using a pastry blender (or your fingers), mix into the dry ingredients until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a separate smaller bowl, beat the egg. Add in milk and fold in the diced apple.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Stir with spatula until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Using a cookie dough scoop, place one scoop of batter into each mold of mini muffin pan (make sure you sprayed it with cooking spray back in step 1!).
- Bake for 15 - 18 minutes until just golden.
- While donuts bake, melt the butter. Then in separate bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon.
- Remove from oven, unmold, and brush each donut with melted butter.
- Dunk in cinnamon and sugar and shake excess off.
- I recommend eating immediately -- they are so good when they're warm!
Nutrition: (per donut)
- Calorie: 96
- Carbs: 13 g
- Fat: 5 g
- Protein: 1 g
Enjoy!
xoxo,
K
{photos by me}
No comments
Post a Comment