
This recipe is all me.
Dreamed up in my head, executed in my kitchen.
Results were great - a filling, creamy, chicken enchilada with a spinach surprise.
Al prefers cream-sauce enchiladas while I like red sauce, so I mixed the two and it was divine.
Enjoy!

Cheesy Chicken & Spinach Enchiladas
Serves 8
- 1 1/2 C. Shredded Cooked Chicken (I roast my chicken breasts with taco seasoning for added flavor)
- 10 oz. Frozen Chopped Spinach
- 1 C. (4 oz.) Fat-Free Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 C. Salsa
- 4 oz. 1/3-Less Fat Cream Cheese
- 1 t. Chili Powder
- 1 t. Granulated Garlic
- 8 Low-Carb Flour Tortillas (Soft Taco Size)
- 1 14oz. Can Red Enchilada Sauce
- 3 oz. (half a container) 0% Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- Olive Oil Spray
Directions:
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 9 X 13 baking dish with olive oil spray.
- Heat frozen chopped spinach in microwave for 7 minutes, or until thawed. Let cool and ring out all excess water.
- Spray large skillet with olive oil spray and heat over medium. Add shredded chicken, cooked and thawed spinach, cream cheese, 1/2 cup of shredded cheese, salsa, chili powder, and granulated garlic. Stir to combined and cream cheese has melted and coats everything.
- Roll 1/3 cup chicken-spinach-cheese mixture into each tortilla. (I use my cookie-dough ice cream scoop thing and put three scoops inside.) Roll up and place seam-side down in greased pan.
- In a small bowl, combine enchilada sauce and Greek yogurt. Heat in microwave for 20 seconds to soften yogurt. Whisk to combine. (Note: If you prefer the sauce creamier, add more yogurt.)
- Pour sauce over top of enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 C. shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese and sauce is bubbly.
Nutrition:
- Serving Size: 1 Enchilada
- Calories: 266
- Carbs: 27
- Fat: 6
- Protein: 13

{all photos by me}
Katie - I'm in charge of making dinner for my family tonight in Dodge. I was going to whip up some homemade pizzas, but am changing the menu to these instead. They look yummy!! Will let you know what they all think!
ReplyDelete-Aubrey Arndt
Awesome! Let me know how they go!
DeleteMade these! Obsessed, so delicious!
ReplyDelete