This is a recipe I make all. the. time.
It is no-fail and simply perfect.
I serve it steak-frites style with an arugula salad and french fries.
This one comes from the kitchen of my Aunt Kathy, an amazing cook.
Enjoy!
Marinated Grilled Flank Steak
Serves: 3 - 4
Ingredients:
- 1 - 1 1/2 lb. flank steak, trimmed
- juice of one lemon
- 1/2 C. soy sauce
- 1/4 C. dry red wine
- 3 T. vegetable oil
- 2 T. worcestershire
- 1 lg. clove of garlic - minced or grated
- salt & pepper to taste
- celery seed (optional, but I always use it)
- chopped green onion or chives (optional)
- chopped dill weed (optional)
- Mix marinade ingredients in a pan where meat can marinate.
- Marinate steak, covered, turning occasionally, for 2 - 12 hours in fridge (I usually do overnight).
- Cook meat over hot coals (or for those without a deck or outdoor grill like mean, a grill pan heated to high and then turned down to medium-high) for 5 minutes on each side (really rare) or longer for medium.
- Let rest for ten minutes (THIS IS CRUCIAL to let the juices redistribute and not run out when you cut).
- Slice on the diagonal across the grain.
Left Over Suggestion:
Reheat the meat while sauteing some onions and peppers and make yourself some fajitas or a cheese steak.
XOXO,
K
{photo by me}
No comments
Post a Comment