
I originally set out to make this recipe,
a grilled lighter version of Bone Fish's Bang Bang Shrimp appetizer.
But, being me, I completely failed to get shrimp on my last Fresh
Direct order. So I improvised and used the bang bang sauce on some
salmon. Served it up with some brown rice and edamame. Quick, healthy,
and Al deemed it a "make again" meal.

Bang Bang Salmon Recipe
Ingredients:
- 2-4 Salmon Fillets, skin trimmed if you desire.
- 2 1/2 T. Light Mayonnaise
- 2 T. Chopped Scallions
- 1 1/2 T. Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1/2 t. Sriracha (to taste. I used 1/2 a Tablespoon)
- 1 T. Lemon Juice (optional)
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil Spray
Directions:
- In a small bowl, mix mayo, scallions, sweet chili sauce, Sriracha, and lemon juice. Set aside. (Note: I added the lemon juice at the end and added enough to thin the sauce out a little).
- Season salmon with salt and pepper. Preheat your grill/grill pan/cast iron skillet to high until hot. Spray with olive oil spray and turn the heat down to medium-low. Cook Salmon on one side for 5 minutes.
- Turn salmon and spoon on some of the bang bang sauce. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Turn salmon once more and spoon more on more sauce. Cook about one more minute or until salmon is to your done-ness preference.
- Serve with brown rice and edamame (I cook the brown rice according to package directions and add frozen shelled edamame to the pan the last ten minutes of cooking).
Note: This is definitely enough sauce for four salmon fillets, maybe even six.
Enjoy!!
{all photos by moi}
No comments
Post a Comment