11.13.2014

thanksgiving inspiration


How in the world is it already the middle of November? No, really. I feel like it was July and I blinked and now we're talking turkeys and gift guides and I've already seen a few Christmas trees up!  

If you've been reading for awhile you know we don't travel home to Kansas for Thanksgiving. Instead, I spend Thanksgiving day prepping for our annual Friendsgiving party that takes place the Friday after (see more here and here). Our guests at Friendsgiving always bring a dish, making it fun to taste something new each year. As my friends are signing up for what dishes to bring (I give them guidelines of side dish or dessert or hors d'oeuvres), it is funny to me to see what dishes are traditional for different families.  For example, many of my friends talk of corn pudding. We never had corn pudding, but we did have baked beans (this recipe)! 

I like to try a few new dishes each year, but I do have my go-tos that will never change. This year, in particular, I seem to be seeking inspiration for new and exciting takes on Thanksgiving this year.  Here are some great roundups that have me 'pinning' every last recipe and tablescape...



Saveur has 12 Thanksgiving menus that will give you enough options it'll make your head spin. Loving the Thomas Keller menu. And they have great gluten free and vegetarian menu as well.

Crowd Pleasing Thanksgiving Menu
via 


Bon Appetit has everything covered - from turkeys to table manners. I use so many of their recipes year round, that I know what's on here will turn out well. (And they even have an app!)

What’s your karaoke style?
via


Food 52 is killing it this Thanksgiving. Not just recipes (and there are tons, sorted into categories nicely), but also bonus content such as helpful tips, serving methods (I do buffet style - so much easier!) and pretty serving platters and brine mixes for purchase.

.
via


The folks over at The Kitchn are cranking out helpful recipes, how-to posts, and menu ideas (and even a post on folding chairs!). I refer to them a lot when I want to make sure I'm doing a technique correctly or want to watch a video to make sure I really know what I'm doing come Turkey Day.
via


And it wouldn't be Thanksgiving without The Food Network. I love their "Thanksgiving Live" show they do each year (Bobby, Ina, Giada, and Alton!).  I still use Alton Brown's technique for turkey and of course you KNOW I have some favorites from Ina (some good ones too in her new book!)
via


And because it's not all about the food (but, it is mostly about the food), some great table centerpieces and place setting ideas over at House Beautiful.
via


Well that's a lot of reading and inspiration to digest (pun intended).  I'll let you hop to it. What are your must-make Thanksgiving dishes? Will you be trying anything new this year? 



{top image via pinterest (source unknown) / graphics by me}
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
©2014 Rose Record
Designed by Kelly Brito