3.27.2013

spring beauty must-haves

If you follow me on instagram, you saw last might my crazy good haul from Duane Reade.
(For those of you not in the NYC area, Duane Reade is a drug store.)

My loot reminded me that I've been meaning to tell you about my spring beauty must-have products.
It's finally time to put away the winter arsenal and opt for lighter creams and brighter colors.
Here are my favs.
-----

A must for finally showing your legs sans tights.
I have olive skin (but it's pretty pale right now), but I still get the kind for medium to dark skin.
I also like the "firming" variety for obvious reasons. 
This gives the best gradual tan look without feeling like you're using a streaky, smelly, orangey self tanner.
Jergens Natural Glow Firming Daily Moisturizer, Medium to Tan Skin Tone - 7.5 fl oz

At brunch on Saturday, several of my friends were sporting the perfect pouts.
Turns out about half were using this kind of new lipstick!
I finally picked some up last night and I am straight up hooked.
It goes on so creamy and is colorful but without being too bold.
I got it in Vibrant Mandarin, but I'm am so going back to get it in Pink Pop and/or Vivid Rose.

Light Elements™ Smoothing Fluid
I find the Moroccan Oil I use in my hair in the winter months can be a bit heavy as the weather warms up.
I recently switched to Aveda's Light Elements Smoothing Fluid and have been very happy with how my hair feels and how it blow drys.
I use two tiny pumps in the palm of my hand and run it through damp hair before blow drying.
I find it also helps with the static problems I've been having recently. (Anyone having static issues?)

CG Smoothers BB Cream
I know you know I've been in to bb creams for awhile now (remember melty face?).
I think I finally found my favorite with this Cover Girl kind.
Not too much color, still feels light weight, and goes on smoother than a normal moisturizer.
Perfect for everyday wear, although on the weekends I do up the anti and use a real foundation (more on that later).
Love that it has SPF 15 in it too for the sun that is starting to finally show itself.

st. lucia lilac
I confess that I haven't been to the salon to get a manicure in over a month. 
You should see the horrors that  are my cuticles. 
Since I'm a bit out of touch as to what the hot new nail colors are for spring, I consulted my stylist friend, Ashley and she said lilacs are in.
Her favorite? St. Lucia Lilac and now that I see it I'm just itching to get it on my digits.

-----
So there you have it friends, five must haves to add to your spring beauty routine.
Now if we could just get the word "snow" out of the forecast...
xoxo,
K

{photo sources: lotion, lipstick, serum, bb cream, nail polish}
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
©2014 Rose Record
Designed by Kelly Brito