8.09.2012

bb still my heart

Hello my name is Katie and I have melty face.
"Melty face?" you ask?
You know, where you look at yourself at the end of the day 
and wonder where the make-up you spent ten to 15 minutes applying that morning has gone.
That's me.

I've come up with a pretty good combo to combat my melty face and it's working alright.
Except when it's a bajillion degrees out.
Then, melty face roars its evil head (err face?)

Every morning, I swirl in my the palm of my hand these three babies.
(don't those plus signs in my image look like pregnancy test markers? I should really have changed that. Not that I know what a pregnancy test looks like...just what I've seen in the commercials and stuff. (calm yourself, mother))

Anywho, these three when swirled together give me a silicony tinted moisturizer.
It goes on smooth, covers well, and doesn't build up in my wrinkles 
(yes, I'm 27 and have wrinkles. WTF).

BUT, I still get melty face!
That is until I discovered...BB CREAM!
Don't know what BB Cream is?  
Well, according to wikipedia...

BB cream, also known as Blemish BalmBlemish Base or Beblesh Balm..., is a cosmetic item sold mainly in East and Southeast Asia, although larger beauty brands are increasingly introducing BB creams to Western markets as well...Due to its "multi-tasking" all-in-one properties — moisturizer, primer, foundation, and sunblock — the cream became a hit in Asia, especially in South Korea, where BB creams make up 13% of the cosmetics market...Companies began in 2011 to launch BB creams in Western markets, namely Garnier and Dr. Jart, with others such as Dior and Clinique following suit in 2012.

Ya catch all that?  So basically, BB Cream is what I've been mixing in my hand for the past year. 
Um, where's my check? I totally invented this.  Okay, maybe not. 
Boscia - B.B. Cream SPF 27 PA++Smashbox - Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35
Anyways, I received Boscia's BB Cream in my July birchbox and I fell in love. 
I don't get melty face nearly as bad and my face looks pore-less after application.
I'm about out and will now be purchasing a bb cream as soon as I'm allowed to shop again. 
(Al? Fall Shopping will be needed in September. k thanks)
I'm thinking of trying this one from smashbox
I'll obvi let you know the results. 

xoxo,
K

{top photo by me. second photo source. third photo source}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
©2014 Rose Record
Designed by Kelly Brito