10.22.2014

fall favorites

Now that it's the tail end of October (!!), I thought it more than appropriate to share with you some of the favorite items I keep wearing time and again. I know when I have something that is a "favorite" when I seem to reach for it weekend after weekend (my Monday - Friday wears are far less fun. Business dress is a snooze). Here are three each of accessories, tops, pants, and shoes that I'm wearing constantly.  Most of which I was able to pick up over the past few months on sale!

Side note: Sorry for the long explanations, but I just can't be one of those bloggers who slaps up a nice collage and then doesn't tell you why she likes each item. The personal account makes it so much better, in my opinion.


fall favorites


accessories :::  bag // earrings // necklace //
→ I'm just in love with this bag. It can go from day to night, is large enough to actually hold all your stuff, can be worn as a cross body or a shoulder bag and adds just enough oomph to a basic sweater/jeans combo. 

Earrings with cool backs (are these called something besides "earrings with cool backs?") seem to be popping up everywhere. I love the contrast of the sophisticated pearls with the funkier look.

→ I seem to be gravitating towards longer pendants over larger statement necklaces. They seem more effortless. And this one goes with everything.


tops :::  tee // poncho // workout top
→ So weird to fall in love with a t-shirt at Ann Taylor of all places. I actually discovered their tees when I grabbed one to try on with some pants and quickly realized it had the perfect neckline, length, hem, and weight. I have the black and white stripe (on sale!) and plan to get a few solids to put to work as layering pieces this winter.

Ponchos are the thing for fall. I've had a hard time finding a good one that doesn't look like I just draped the afghan from my couch over my shoulders. The length on this one is perfect for jeans or leggings and the neutral colors will go well with any of fall's colors.

→ To be honest, I spend most of my weekends in workout gear, running errands after spin class/yoga/barre (or sometimes I put it on so that I will work out when all I end up doing is just running errands). This top makes me feel a little more pulled together than walking around in a sloppy old t-shirt, and bonus points for thumb holes!


pants :::  track pants // jeans // leather leggings
Track pants are also another must have for the season. And while it took me awhile to come around to them, I'm now hooked. I mean, why wouldn't you choose an elastic waist rather than tight jeans? Loving this green color for fall and the touch of leather at the top.

→ Nothing fits me like Madewell's skinny skinny jeans. They come up high enough in the waist so you can bend over without flashing people, there's enough stretch that you can get several wears out of them before washing, and I'm loving this wash for fall.

→ My sister called me last weekend and asked what was the one thing she needed for fall. My answer - leather leggings. You may think they're not for you, but hear me out. It's really the only kind of legging you can wear in public and not look like you just woke up/worked out/came off an overnight flight. Dress them up with heels and a top or down with flats and an oversize sweater. And if you can't pull off full leather, Ann Taylor also has a great pair that are leather in the front and ponte in the back.


shoes :::  booties // heels // sneakers
→ The only bootie you need this fall. I love them in the tan suede - goes with black or brown. The short heel is perfect for all-day wear and I like that they don't come up too high on the ankle. 

→ I'm obsessed with these pumps. They look ten times more expensive and that maroon is just the best little pop of color with all of the neutrals that dominate the season. And they are so comfortable. Seriously, if you haven't tried the new shoes at Banana, go - they are so squishy!

→ Hands down the one pair of shoes I've worn most so far this fall. With my leather leggings or my jeans these slip on sneakers are so cool. An the army print really does go with everything, even other patterns (like stripes - my favorite pattern of late).



Anything catch your eye?  What are you wearing the most so far this fall? 


{image © The Rose Record}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
©2014 Rose Record
Designed by Kelly Brito