3.19.2014

snack time


Question for you. Have you had a snack yet today? More likely than not, I have. Snacks are important to me. I'm one of those people who not only needs to eat every few hours, but I also feel better if I take a ten minute break every few hours.  My snack times are usually around 11am and 3pm. And I'm pretty regimented about them. I like to make a cup of tea, set out my snack, evaluate what still needs to be done on my to do list, and recollect myself. Snack time helps my hunger and my sanity. It prevents what we call at my office a "to do list meltdown" - you know, where you freak out that it's already X o'clock and you have 75 things left to do and you're hungry and tired and have 50 unread emails and omg should you start this or that, or wait did you send that email?. Taking a quick break to fuel yourself makes all the difference. Seriously. Snacks are not just for kids.

Unless I brought a snack to work, I'd often find myself at the vending machine, trying really hard to practice self control and pick the granola bar over the Cool Ranch Doritos. But now, I have a new obsession for snacks - NatureBox. For those of you who are familiar with Birch Box, its along the same lines. Each month, we get a box of five full-size snacks sent to our apartment. The snacks vary each month, but we can personalize our snack preferences from our account (and look at all the yummy options)! All the snacks are nutritionist-approved and taste amazing. We seriously gobble them up. And my desk at work is now the hot spot in the afternoons as people walk over asking, "um do you have some more of those snacks?". 


^^ Al's favorite. Pistachio Power Clusters.
^^ My favorite. Masa Crisps.
NatureBox is only $19.95 a month for five bags of snacks. We were definitely spending that if not more on our weekly grocery orders for things like granola bars, chips, crackers, etc.  And I'm sure the stuff I was buying didn't have the good-for-us-ingredients that our NatureBox snacks have. Can you tell I'm hooked? It's such a great idea and the snack are so good!

So take a break. Have a snack. You'll feel better. 

Happy snacking!
xoxo,
K

If you're interested in joining NatureBox (and you should be), click here for 50% off your first order.  They also have a great blog with tons of healthy eating tips and good recipes.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
©2014 Rose Record
Designed by Kelly Brito