11.13.2012

my favorite cookie ever

I drive Al crazy sometimes (okay, lots of times), 
but especially when I often declare things to be "my favorite thing ever" several times a day.
We'll have a notable meal at a restaurant and I'll prounce it my "favorite restaurant ever".
Only the next day, after our next great meal, I'll decide THAT restaurant is my favorite ever.
(And for the record, La Familia in Lawrence, Kansas is my favorite restaurant ever.
Err except maybe also Marea.  That's my real favorite ever.  
You see how this is a bit of a problem for me?)

I digress.  
The point of this post is cookies, not restaurants.  
I have a thing for cookies (and brownies).
Maybe it's because I have fond memories of my dad baking cookies frequently as a child.
Maybe it's because I'm not a fan of frosting so cake isn't really my thing. 
Maybe it's because I had Bill's cookies every day after lunch at my sorority (hello freshman sophomore fifteen).
Whatever the reason, cookies are my favorite dessert ever. 
And these are my favorite cookie ever.
Thus, by the Transitive Property, these cookies are my favorite dessert ever.

These babies are divine. 
Chewy on the inside.  Perfect texture.  And just enough tang from the cream cheese.
Five ingredients, 12 minutes, and presto chango:  favorite cookie ever.

CREAM CHEESE COOKIES
Makes roughly 24 cookies. 

Ingredients:
  • 8 T. (one stick) unsalted butter, softened
  • 3 Oz. cream cheese, softened
  • 1 C. granulated sugar
  • 1 C. all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 t. salt

Directions:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In an electric mixer, cream together butter, cream cheese, and sugar until fluffy, 3 to five minutes.
  3. Mix in flour and salt just until incorporated.  Scrape down sides of bowl and make sure everything is combined.
  4. Using a cookie dough scoop, drop batter onto parchment-lined cookie sheet.  Leave 1" to 1 1/2" between cookies.
  5. Bake for 12 minutes. (Note: Do not overbake. You want these suckers good and chewy in the middle).
  6. Cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
And look how cute they look all wrapped up all pretty-like in cellophane with some bakers twine.  Fast and easy gift.
I hope these become one of your favorites ever.
xoxo,
K

{all photos by me}
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
©2014 Rose Record
Designed by Kelly Brito