1.06.2015

weekend recap

Well hello! Hope everyone survived the first day back to work. A quick New Year's Eve & Weekend Recap here for you.  We had a low key NYE and generally a friend-filled weekend.  Here are a few photos...


For New Year's we kept it simple and in my opinion, it was perfect. Our friends Elle and Greyson (and their ten week old baby!) hosted a beautiful dinner for us in their apartment. Reflecting on the year with close friends, resolving to commit to silly things (there may have been a bet about a man bun), and toasting the new year. Wouldn't have done it any other way.

^^ Elle's beautiful table setting.

^^ We had our own (much prettier) ball for the midnight countdown. Thankfully ours didn't drop at midnight.




^^ Love this crew.


New Years Day for most is a day of lounging and napping, but for me January 1 means one thing - my darling friend, Jolie's birthday! Going on six years together celebrating her birth.



Friday was super lazy. Perfectly lazy. Starting with the two sleepiest Rose family members staying in bed until the late morning hours while I worked from home. Al works very hard and very late hours during the week so I don't mind him catching up on his sleep during the weekends. Especially when I go in the bedroom and see this...



A full day's work (from the couch) followed by a soak in the tub, face mask, and pizza. A homebody's dream. 

^^ This was my second time trying a paper face mask. They're a little hard to put on (see half my cheek that I missed), but they leave my skin so soft! I've tried this brand before and this time used one Jolie got me for my birthday (unsure on the brand).




^^ New Year. Same Friday positions. 


In an effort to actually leave the house for the first time in two days, we met our friend Carrie Saturday night for dinner at a new-ish place we've been wanting to try - County. Both the decor and the food were fantastic. Definitely get the salmon tartare for an appetizer. We also tried the charcuterie board and I had the grilled lobster. I'm thinking of resolving to eat a grilled lobster every Saturday in the New Year it was that good. Highly recommend County. Go check it out!

^^ You know how much I love those lights. I heart big bulbs.



Sunday was all about gearing up to be working, productive human beings come Monday. From thank you notes, to budget planning for the year (for both our household and for my sister - Al is helping her with her budget and savings plan this year so sweet), to soup in a crock pot. It was a real-deal, get stuff done type of Sunday. Just the kind I like. 

^^ It only takes a few minutes to write a thank you note. JUST DO IT! I also like the notion that you should try to write a thank you note without including the word "thank you" more than once. Try it - it's difficult, but makes your note much more powerful and thoughtful.


^^ Loving my new planner from May Desings. Remember, I had them on my holiday gift guide?  And after searching for 26 years for the perfect pen, I've been using Pilot G2s for the past three years and love them. Especially a fresh 20 pack. 

^^ Don't worry. There was still time for naps for one of us. #SundaysAreForNaps

^^ Sunday supper was chicken and wild rice soup in the crock pot. Trying out a new recipe. It still needs a little work, but I'll share soon!


^^ My sweet husband (excel master and budget enthusiast) on multiple hour long calls with my sister (master shopper and budget novice). It was so fun to listen to them. Love you both. And Al, you're totally nuts if you think she's going to reconcile her bank account with her spreadsheet EVERY DAY. :) 

And then it was Monday morning. And we could barely keep our eyes open while sitting up. 



Hope you had a fantastic New Years Eve and weekend!  Here's to crushing it this week! 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
©2014 Rose Record
Designed by Kelly Brito