Is it me or are guys the hardest to shop for? At least in the case of Al, he never seems to really want anything. He's usually more for me not spending any much money than identifying anything he wants. Thankfully, I was able to sit him down over the weekend and get his opinion on the many gift ideas I had saved. He approved (and even added some to his Christmas list) all nine of the ideas below.
Katie selected, Al approved. Here are some great ideas for the guy in your life this holiday season...
1. Scarf & Glove Gift Set - From the luxurious and super dependable Barbour brand, this is a set for any guy who encounters the cold. Lambswool + cute plaid. Love! $99
2. Needlepoint American Flag Cufflinks - For the patriotic preppy. But really, how cute are these? They're needlepoint! $55 (navy sold out on Tuckernuck - find same set here)
3. Whiskey Rocks - Helping to solve the first world problem of keeping one's bourbon cold without diluting it. $25
4. Mini Jam Box - Take it to the park, the deck, the tailgate or anywhere else where you feel Phil Collins will greatly enhance your activity. (Disclaimer: jambox does not only play Phil Collins...except in our house...) $130
5. White Dress Shirt - I get Al a new white dress shirt every year to add to his rotation. White shirts, especially, seem to get very dingy and gross. Love this brand's fit and non-iron material. It might be a boring gift, but it is certainly needed. $130
6. Negroni Cocktail Collection - I had about 100 other booze-related gift ideas for the guy (apparently I think guys only like to sip cocktails), but this one was the stand out and not just because it's my favorite cocktail. For a simple cocktail like the negroni, you need the highest quality ingredients and this set has 'em. $110
7. Clarisonic Gift Set - You know how I feel about the Clairsonic for my own skin, but recently I've got Al to use mine a few times and he is amazed. It makes for a closer shave and the softest skin. It's high time dudes considered their pores too. $149
8. ESPN's 30 for 30 Anniversary Set - For the first time only you can own all five seasons of ESPN's 30 for 30 documentary series. A great collector piece for the serious sports fan (note: Al was MOST excited about this gift idea). $150
9. Tumi Backpack - Al's a fan of the backpack rather than a briefcase since he's walking and on the subway. It's great when we travel too so he can have a free arm for other bags. This is a seriously nice backpack with a special cushion pouch for a computer/ipad. (Psst you can also add a monogram!) $295 (found it cheaper here but no monogram option)
Hope you found some great ideas from these! Of course you could always go with my other go-to: that J.Crew gingham shirt... ;)