5.28.2014

new look


Notice anything new? No, I didn't get my haircut again. (That's always Al's first guess when I ask that question.) It's better than a haircut. It's a fresh new look for The Rose Record.

If you're reading on a feeder, click on over and take a look at the pretty new space.

The new look is courtesy of the talented (and very patient), Kelly Brito from Pink + Lola. Kelly took one tiny inspiration photo (and my many comments) and crafted it into what you see here. I love the new look. I wanted something that was cleaner, brighter, and a little New York-y. And I think we achieved that. 

My starting point was this photo.
(source)

And Kelly turned it into this inspiration board.


Which became this new site! I love the black and white with just pops of red (my favorite color).  And the lay out is much more simple. 


Over on the right hand menu bar you have a wide variety of tools to help you navigate. A drop down archive bar, a search bar, and categories. Don't forget to click the social media icons to follow me on twitter, instagram, and facebook.


Up there by the header you can see I now have pages to take you to some of the categories most commonly written about.

And don't forget to read the new about page for more about me, why I curate The Rose Record, as well as some tidbits about Al and Lily.



What do you think?  You like?  Are there any helpful tools/widgets you'd like me to add to the right hand menu bar?


I think this new look is just the sort of thing I needed to recharge and keep me from neglecting this hobby of mine. Look for some new great posts - tons of fun ideas for content this summer!  Anything you all are dying to know or want me to write about? Let me know in the comments.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
©2014 Rose Record
Designed by Kelly Brito