5.16.2014

friday finds


Roses


Happy Friday! I'm in much better shape this Friday than I was last week. And even better is that my mom is in town! It was a last minute decision on her part. A few weeks ago I was really missing her and we didn't have any big plans this weekend and now here she is! Ah, the joys of retirement/a mother that is retired. She's home with Lily today and we have no real plans for the weekend other than to hang out, walk around, and of course maybe a teensy bit of shopping. :) 

Hope you have a great weekend.  Links below for the finds I'm loving this week (and a few from last week)...

•••••

We loved this segment on 60 Minutes a few weeks ago. About the 'oldest old' and how they got to live past 90!

Can't wait to get my hands on Ruth Reichl's (Former NYT food critic and Gourmet Magazine's editor) new novel.  Read an excerpt here.

Field trips are good for grown ups. Great article and findings!



Last Tuesday my brain almost exploded. The James Beard Awards and The Met Gala on the same day?! (P.S. Ina won!)

Made me laugh. So did this (remember when we saw Macaulay Culkin in Paris?)

A new Mexican restaurant hitting the scene. You know we'll be visiting soon.

THIS I must make. You had me at toasted coconut!

Tears at this heartfelt video from my high school alma mater. It's time to put an end to the R word.

Poaching eggs made easy. A definite 'why didn't I think of that' moment.

Just ordered Lily this cute carrying bag for all of our summer adventures. In love with this local company now.


•••••

Happy Weekend!

-Katie-
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
©2014 Rose Record
Designed by Kelly Brito