4.03.2014

pillow play


As you know from past weekend recaps, I've been slowly changing out some decor to brighten our home and make it feel more springy.  I've never been one for all out seasonal decor mostly because I have nowhere to store that stuff, and also because I prefer to make changes with pattern and colors and textures rather than straight holiday-related decor. As I was purveying our room deciding what items to swap, I quickly decided that I had to get rid of my rusty brown pillows that were out-of-date, no longer in line with my taste, and had Lily chew marks on the corners. They HAD to go. Like immediately. I tore off their covers, but kept the inserts. And they sat just like that for a month while I scoured every possible website and store for their replacement. I couldn't find anything I loved and the rare times I found something that could work, the pillows were $90 a piece!

And then I remembered my friend from back home, Bobi's darling Etsy shop where she makes a ton of cute stuff - most notably darling pillow covers that come in the best patterns. I contacted her and asked her to make some bolster sized covers for me. And then asked if she could locate some gray Greek key fabric for them since I have pops of that throughout the house (most notably on Lily's bed).  A few days later, Bobi had the fabric and about a week later I had my pillows!



I love them. They make me happy. And I am really liking the crisp gray and white pattern. Bobi's an expert at design and home interiors (seriously, I love her taste. You can see some of her home on her blog). She's smart enough to know to sew the pillow covers slightly smaller than the inserts. This makes the pillows nice and full and plush.




Best part about all of this is that these CUSTOM covers were way cheaper than anything I could order online or from a catalog. Save money and get exactly what I wanted? That's a win for me. And as Bobi joked with me, why not match your pillows to your dog's bed? (she has two dog-children of her own. She gets it.)

Go check out Bobi's shop! You'll find the perfect pillow pattern to revamp your space!
More pillows from Bobi's shop
xo,
K

{images © The Rose Record and Bobi Law Designs}
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
©2014 Rose Record
Designed by Kelly Brito