8.12.2013

weekend recap

Happy Monday!  
I am happy to report that we are finally unpacked, laundry done, and our apartment put back in order.  
Only took us a week. :)  
It wasn't all work though this weekend, we played a little too.  
Take a look...

-----
In between loads of laundry on Friday we watched the Royals game and ate some hot dogs.  Al is on could nine about this winning streak for the boys in blue.

Our Saturday morning walk turned into an upper body workout for me.  
You can't see my face, but I assure you I wasn't smiling like Lily.

I forgave her though.  How could you not with this little face?

Saturday night we met friends for dinner at Malaparte, which I've since added to my short list of favorite restaurants in the city.  
Great ambiance and the food was perfect.

It was so nice to get back into our Sunday routine of breakfast in the park.  
The park in the morning is so peaceful and calm.  
It's fun to watch it get slowly busier and fuller as the city wakes up for the day.

We hosted our good friends Matt and Megan for Sunday supper.  
Seafood gratin ready for the oven!

Out of the oven and ready to eat.  I think I could eat this meal for every Sunday supper.

They brought dessert.  
Really really good dessert.  
Cake balls from Momofuku Milk Bar.  
My mouth is watering just thinking about them.
-----
All in all, a very productive and tasty two days.
I hope you had a great weekend!

Back tomorrow with more of our vacation recaps!

xoxo,
K

{photos by me}
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
©2014 Rose Record
Designed by Kelly Brito