6.18.2013

équipement touriste

We are just about at the one-month mark before our vacation in France.
And I'm having trouble thinking of anything else.
The food - the people - and gasp! what to pack!?

Here's what I'm planning for days of site-seeing, cafe-perching, and neighborhood-wandering.
Travel outfit

The key is one main thing for the day - one dress is easier to pack than separates.
Something light for the warm summer temps, but still reserved enough that you can step inside  old churches or the fanciest of luxury stores.

Comfy shoes are a must, but I steer clear of sneakers - nothing says 'tourist' more than wearing running shoes with a sun dress.
Taza (do you guys know Taza? She and her family are the best!) swears by these shoes and I just got my first pair - so far they live up to their hype.

A perfect-sized cross body bag is a must. 
Hands free and small enough that you can only pack the essentials - your shoulders will thank you by days' end.

And no outfit is complete with out some chic accessories.
And I just got this lip gloss pen in my Birch Box and I'm obsessed.
Smooth, not too glossy with just the right hint of color.

And finally, I've read from a few bloggers that this book of maps is a must-have for Paris.  
It makes exploring easy - the maps are broken down by arrondissement. 
Best part though, is that it doesn't look like a guide book - so you'll feel a little more legit than whipping out the 1500 page Frommer's .
(Don't get me wrong, I do love my Frommer's for my initial planning stages.)

-----
Ahhh I can't wait.
I can almost smell the Poilane coming out of the ovens now...

xoxo,
K

{polyvore by me}
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
©2014 Rose Record
Designed by Kelly Brito