4.01.2013

weekend recap

What a terrific weekend.
I wish all weekends were three days with great weather.
Time spent with friends, lots of time outdoors, and a lovely Easter Sunday. 

Here are a few pics...
-----

Friday I met my boss and her adorable baby for breakfast at Mailino.
I'm in love with their cacio e pepe eggs.
Hands down best eggs in New York.
And eating them while playing with Baby Emily made it the best breakfast I've had in a long time.

A trip to J.Crew to try on shorts and jeans after eating a big breakfast is not recommended.
Somehow I still managed to get plenty of spring duds.

Friday afternoon the weather was perfect.
Lil and I went to the park where she played for a while.
And then we just sat on the bench. No book. No phone calls. Just sat.
I don't do enough sitting on benches.
It's really quite nice.

Friday night we hung out with this lil chap while we watched a particularly sad KU game. :( 

Saturday morning it was time for my haircut!
It was fun to watch out the window the West Village go from quiet morning to bustling afternoon.
And Bailey did a great job, per usual.

Then it was back to the park to watch Lily and Commodore terrorize play with each other.

Al talked me into waiting in line for two hours for Shake Shack.
Or was it the other way around?
As always, it was worth it.
And we made some great new friends waiting in line.

Saturday night at New York Vinters for a private wine tasting for our friend Abbey's birthday.
Such an awesome venue and event.

We tasted two bubbles, three whites, three reds.
And ate lots of cheese.

Sunday we watched Church from home and then headed to brunch.

Followed by some spring cleaning at home.
There's just something about a new shower curtain liner.
Am I right?

Steak for Easter Dinner. 
I always use this technique when cooking steak (especially because we can't grill). 
Comes out perfect every time with a juicy inside and a good sear on the outside.

Spoiled girl had truffle parmesan potatoes for her dinner.
I've never seen her food disappear faster.

But we had the last laugh and gave her a bath.
She looks happy, no?

Ended the weekend how we always do,
snuggin.
-----

Hope your weekend was filled with love (and red meat) too!
xoxo,
K

{photos by me}
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
©2014 Rose Record
Designed by Kelly Brito