4.16.2013

boston

I'm postponing today's scheduled Miss Manners post because it seems a bit silly to talk about etiquette when so many hearts are hurting today from the terrible acts of violence that occurred yesterday in Boston.  

I know several runners and spectators that were there yesterday.  Thankfully all are okay, physically.  But I'm sure the horror of reliving those scary few moments is far from their minds.

In church this past Sunday we started a new series about five life lessons the Bible teaches us in order to live well.  Ironically, Sunday's sermon was all about the Golden Rule - treat others as you wish to be treated.  And even more specifically, treat your enemies with kindness.  Luke 6:27-28 says "But I say to you who are willing to hear: Love your enemies. Do good to those who hate you. Bless those who curse you. Pray for those who mistreat you."

It's so easy to be filled with rage and anger at times like these. I feel it.  I'm not just sad, I'm really really MAD.  I'm trying with all my might to not only pray for those people who are affected by this disaster;  but also for anyone who has enough hate in their heart to commit such acts of cruelty   Perhaps, by praying for those who hate, we can diminish some of our own antipathy and help take a little bit of darkness out of the world.

Thinking and praying for Boston.  And wishing with all my heart that the frequency of events like these lessens.

xoxo,
K

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
©2014 Rose Record
Designed by Kelly Brito