9.27.2012

wine night: ravioli with pumpkin sage sauce

Last week for Wine Night I was looking for a fast dinner.  
I wanted something seasonal.
(Side note: nothing drives Al crazier than when I say I want something "seasonal".  I once asked him to order me a seasonal beer and he looked at me like I had three heads.)

Anywho, I came across this recipe from the Buitoni website and was so excited to get home and whip up this light, fast, and SEASONAL meal.

Make this for your Wine Night tonight!!

Ravioli with Pumpkin Sage Sauce

Adapted from Buitoni
Serves:  4

Ingredients:
  • 2 packages (9 oz. each) Buitoni Refrigerated Ravioli (I used cheese, but sausage would be great in this too)
  • 1/2 C. dry white wine
  • 1/4 C. chopped shallot
  • 10 oz. jarred alfredo sauce
  • 3/4 C. pure pumpkin (make sure to not buy the canned pumpkin PIE filling). 
  • 1 t. ground sage
  • 1 t. nutmeg
  • salt and pepper

Directions:
  1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.  Reserve 1/4 C. cooking water.  
  2. Heat a medium skillet with high sides over medium heat.  Add shallot and wine and cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced to about 1 T. (about 10 minutes).  
  3. Stir in alfredo, pumpkin, sage, and nutmeg.  Cook, stirring occasionally until heated through. 
  4. Stir reserved pasta water into sauce.  Toss in pasta.  Season with salt and pepper.


You'll seriously love this.
Enjoy!
K

{photo by me}
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
©2014 Rose Record
Designed by Kelly Brito