9.19.2012

i like big buns and i cannot lie

Sorry for the cheesy title, but I do love a big bun...
...in my hair (get your mind out of the gutter).

My bun is naturally pretty big (omg. Still talking about hair here people.), 
but sometimes for events you might want a super big bun (okay this is too much).  
I'll just cut to the chase and stop with the puns.

I tried out this lil guy.  
$4.99 at Duane Reade (that's CVS/Walgreen's to you non-NYC readers).
Comes with one large foamy donut thing, four hair pins, and a hair tie.

Five bucks got me this big ol bun. 
Here's how I did it. 

Step 1:  
Make a pony tail.  
Up high if you want a top bun. Down low if you want a low-bun. 
Makes sense, no?
Step 2:
Slide ponytail through hole of foam donut and rest donut at base of ponytail.
No need to pin or anything. It should stay pretty secure.
Step 3:
Spread your hair around the donut so that it is totally covered.
If you have longer hair, you'll want to wrap the loose ends around the base of the bun and tuck them in and then pin them using the hair pins in the box (I used a few extra bobby pins too).
Or you can use a smaller hair tie to get the shape and then pin hair around the bun.(see photo).  
This part takes a little practice.  Just play with it. 
Step 4:
Admire your voluptuous bun.
For video tutorials, check out these I found on You Tube.
One uses the wrap and pin technique and the other uses the hair tie-then-pin technique. 

This would be especially great if you have shorter or thin hair.  
You, too, can have a big bun.

Go try the Bun Maker and show me your big buns!
I can't even write this post with out laughing at these innuendos.  Sorry!

xoxo,
K

{all awful bathroom iphone photos by me}
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
©2014 Rose Record
Designed by Kelly Brito