August 21, 2012

mustard salmon and potatoes

I always have salmon on-hand in the freezer.  
I buy a ton when it's on sale at Whole Foods or FreshDirect, 
and then freeze two fillets to a freezer bag.  
Easy to thaw for a quick week-night dinner.

This is one I've been making for as long as I can remember.  
I no longer use a recipe, more of a method. 
I did some hunting and the orginal recipe is from Real Simple.  

Easy, tasty, and healthy.
You can add other veggies to the potatoes.  
This time I added some summer squash.  
And easy clean up.  Just one bowl and one pan!

Mustard Salmon & Potatoes
Serves:  4
Adapted from Real Simple

Ingredients:
  • pound red potatoes (about 10), washed, dried, and halved
  • 1 medium yellow zucchini, large diced (you want size to be about the same size as potatoes)
  • 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
  • 4 salmon fillets (6-8 oz. per fillet), skin removed (optional)
  • 1 T. red wine vinegar
  • 1. T. whole-grain mustard (I use Roland brand. So good and grainy)
  • 1 t. honey
  • 2 T. parsley, chopped
  • kosher salt
  • black pepper

Directions:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.  On a rimmed baking sheet, toss potatoes, zucchini, 1 T. olive oil, and 1/2 t. each of salt and pepper.
  2. Roast, tossing once, until potatoes begin to soften, about 20 min. 
  3. Push veggies to edges of pan and place salmon in center. Season with 1/4 t. each salt and pepper.
  4. Roast until salmon is opaque throughout and potatoes are golden brown, 12 to 15 min.
  5. Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, honey, parsley, and remaining 1 T. of olive oil and 1/4 t. each salt and pepper.
  6. Drizzle sauce over salmon and veggies before serving. 

Nutrition:
Serves: 4
Calories:  286
Carbs:  40
Fat:  25
Protein:  32
I've also used this sauce as a dressing for an arugula or any other hearty green salad. 
Enjoy!

xoxo,
K

{all photos by me}
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...